Why do some logos look fresh today even though they were created years ago? They have stood the test of time well because they share 5 things in common.
1. They were designed to communicate a big idea that supports the brand in visual form.
2. They are distinctive from other logos.
3. The design employs effective use of negative space allowing for what is not there to carry as much impact as what is there.
4. They are simple, having been refined to the point where they cannot be reduced further.
5. They have resisted the easy path of trendiness inherent in the design trend du jour.
Trendy logos may look attractive today but they may be completely off base strategically in that they inspire nothing. The best logo designs are those that are memorable and inspire a positive connection with the brand. Is your logo working as hard as it should?